Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Stress

"Stress, it's a killer, sir." Bartok was right. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop me. I am a champion stresser-outer. My Athletic Training certification exam is in less than 2 weeks, and I am freaking out about it. My brain is fraying at the edges, and I spend every minute I can studying (except now, but I should be getting ready for school), but I have this nagging little voice in the back of my head (oddly enough, he speaks in an Irish accent) that says, "Is it enough? Don't fail, don't fail, don't fail." I don't think I will fail, I mean I know a lot and I've done well in school. But what if I do? Eh, I'm a worrier. But well-wishes and expressions of confidence would be appreciated!
Someone yesterday asked me if I ever had something I had to do but got distracted by something else. I laughed shortly and said, "That's the story of my life." And it's the truth. These next two weeks are going to be my biggest struggle because I CANNOT get distracted. After this exam, I'll be distracted the rest of my life. Even finals don't phase me this semester. Just let me live to that point, and I'll be the happiest distracted woman in the world.
Good Tuesday!

No comments: