Wednesday, April 2, 2008

God is gracious

I'm going to wax religious this morning, so those of you who are rolling your eyes, go read about Lindsey Lohan or something useful like that because I have things to say. Yesterday I was freaking out about my exam coming up. Crazy, I know, but I was and there seemed to be nothing I could do to stop it. I even started to cry, which is BAD as my test is still 10 days away and if I am crying now.... Anyway, I was at work at the Marriott Center and I knew I couldn't cry with all of the people coming in, so I escaped o the bathroom for a few minutes. While there, I began speaking out loud, hoping that Heavenly Father would hear me. "I'm so scared. I've never been mroe scared in my life, and I cannot be scared like this, and especially not this soon. Help me feel comfort and peace. Help me to be calm." Well, then girls started coming in the bathroom, so I had to go back to my post. Yesterday was the choir devotional where all four audition choirs performed separately and together, and when I got back out there, they were all practicing "Jesus Savior, Pilot Me". It took my breath away, literally. I was stunned at the perfectness of that song at that moment for me. Then I looked up at the big screen and saw that the theme for the devotional was "And yet there is hope." Again, I was shocked and tears filled my eyes again. I blinked them away rather quickly, but my heart started to swell and my nerves started to calm. A friend of mine from the AT program showed up in my portal and we talked about the test and my life, and she offered to take me out whenever I needed a break from studying and expressed her confidence in me, which was what I needed.
Now my favorite part. This old lady came up to me and started talking (not so strange, it actually happens a lot) and we talked about missions and the MTC and she told me that I had to be a walking pass-along card so that I would not deprive others of their chance to hear the Gospel. She asked me if I would put something in my wallet to remind me to do that, and I said that I would. She then handed me a plastic card with a picture of Jesus on one side and the articles of faith on the other. I put it in my pocket, and it is now in my wallet. But then she turned to speak wih some friends and before she left the portal, she put her hand on my arm and said, "You got it, honey. God bless," and she left. How did she know exactly what I needed to hear? I didn't know here. I don't know her name. But God worked through her and through my friend and the choirs and the theme of the devotional to give me exactly what I needed.
Miracles happen every day, and I am grateful for them.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

What a great story, Becky! You will do great on your exam.