Monday, April 7, 2008

General Conference

Just a quick note this morning about General Conference yesterday. Wasn't it amazing? I think it was the best conference I have ever been privileged to witness. If I had any doubts ever about the new president, his counsellors, or the new apostle, they were completely obliterated by the talks that were given, the Spirit that I felt, and the testimonies that were shared. I literally saw the mantle fall onto President Monson's shoulders, and there is no doubt in my mind that he is the prophet of the Lord. I am so excited for his era as prophet and president, and I love his counsellors. I think we are entering a fantastic time in our church. I LOVE Elder Christofferson. I think he is a wonderful addition to the Twelve. Isn't it amazing how the Lord knows exactly what we need before we do? I wondered what conference would be like without President Hinckley, and I was a litle worried about it. But my worrying was for nothing because it was so spiritual and testimony strengthening. As you all know, I am stressed out about this test coming up, but I took the time to listen to conference and not study during those times, and I am so glad that I did. I hope that I will be blessed for it with my scores, but if not, I have been richly blessed by the Spirit of the Lord, and that is more important to me than all of the certification exams in the world.
Happy Monday, guys!

No comments: