Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday, Monday...

Bah dada, bah dada da. Sorry, I'm just singing. I feel like Garfield today. No, I'm not orange and black striped, I don't sleep in a litter box, and I am not round and overweight. Well, maybe a bit overwieght, but who isn't? But today is Monday, and Garfield and I hate Mondays. I really do. There is nothing about Mondays that make me smile. I think they should just be a part of the weekend, and then they'd be much better days. Tuesday would be the first day of the week, and then it would be Wednesday. BUT if Tuesday were the first day of the week, would we all hate Tuesdays? Who knows...
Why do we hate Mondays? Because it is a return to reality. Our fun on the weekend is at an end and we must all go back to the boring lives we really do lead. Weekends are the times when we stay up late and enjoy freedom. Mondays are the renewal of early mornings and shackles. If ever there was a more depressing day of the week, it would be Monday.
But maybe Monday will fly and we can get to Tuesday, which is only slighty better, just because it is not Monday.
Then again, there are very few Mondays left for me to fear. The semester is almost at an end, and then England here I come! I may still hate Mondays over there, but gimme a break, it's England! But all good things must come to an end, and then adulthood is upon me and I can go back to royally hating my Mondays in peace.
Hope you have an endurable Monday, and remember the immortal words of Puss in Boots: "I hate Mondays. Leave the bottle."

No comments: