Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ode to Thursdays

Ah, Thursdays. Interesting day. Passed the middle of the week, but not quite Friday. Thursdays get a lot of flack for being one of those boring days that we can't wait to get through. I myself find Thursdays to be a drag day, the one that I just have to get through in order for my weekend to commence.
Thursdays start early, usually late, though, as I cannot manage to get myself out of bed early enough to warrant a decent shower and proper attire. Thursdays are the days of sweats and ponytails, and sleeping in class. Anyway, then I get to come home and doze/read/write until I have to do something else. If my softball team is in town, I have practice at 11:30 until 5ish, but if they are out of town, I have the entire day for me...until 5:10, and then I have to go to my creative writing class where I learn about how much I don't know about writing and that I'll never make it in that field. But I prove myself wrong every time. Especially last big project when I got the high score on the short story. BOOYAH!! Eat that, Professor!
After living through aspiring writers' hell, I come home and face the roommates, who recognize my face but struggle to remember my name. We usually veg, get to know each other again, and eat all sorts of food that only college students can get away with. Sometimes we make a trip to Borders, which is bad as we all have a book fettish and therefore cannot talk each other out of buying yet another book for our exponentially growing libraries. How I am going to move everything in one trip, I do not know.
Anywho, then Thursdays are over and Fridays can begin with the best beginning of all--sleeping in!
Happy Thursday, my pals! Tomorrow is Friday!

No comments: