Friday, May 9, 2008

Days 8,9, and 10

Well, kids, it's been a few days, but I am exhausted by the amount of things we have been doing. Days 8, 9, and 10 have been lo-o-ong. Wednesday we went to Canterbury Catherdral (amazing amazing amazing), Rye(cutest little English town ever), and Beachy Head (breathtaking....literally). Thursday was the first drawing class (stop laughing, I'm experimenting my artistic-ness), and then we had to go to museums to do our assignments. And I will have you know, mocking masses, that while I was sketching a Greecian sculpture, a lady came up and asked if she could take my picture while I was drawing. Then she looked at my sketch and told me it was beaiutiful in a quiet, awestruck voice. No lie. Of course, she may have been patrially blind or completely ignorant of art, but HEY! I'll take it. Then Thursday night I went and saw Les Miserables and paid a decent price....to sit on the FLOOR 8 ROWS FROM THE STAGE!!!! It was my first time seeing the show, and it was amazing. Tears were shed. And then today we went to Kew Gardens (Aunt Karen, I was so excited when you told me to visit there because we were already going!), which was one of the most amazin places I have ever seen. I have a slow weekened, thank Heavens, so I can get some rest!


Canterbury Catherdral. It's been around since about 670 AD, and it is still gorgeous.

The cloisters of Canterbury. I kept waiting for the nuns from Sound of Music to show up, but alas...

Rye. I told you it was cute! Quaint might be a better word.

So I had this one taken as a joke, but I kinda like it. Beachy Head.

Beachy Head again. It's part of what is called the Seven Sisters.

Love this shot. It was SO WINDY there! Chicago's got nothin on this place.

My favorite little spot I found in Kew Gardens.

Look how cute we are! Me and some of the girls in the archway of Kew Palace at Kew Gardens.

Totally like the house in Little Women. But it was actually Queen Charlotte's summer cottage. Go figure. I want it.

No comments: