Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Days 23-29

Wow, it's been a bit since you guys have had anything exciting to read. Let me see if I can recap what the last week has been like.
Thursday was art day and we had to look like complete idiots at the British Museum as we were drawing because we weren't allowed to LOOK AT OUR SKETCHBOOK! We could not look down while we drew, and we had to do that for an hour. It was embarrassing! But we got the point: notice the details with your eyes. Don't just skim over it.
Friday we went to the London Temple, which was AMAZING. They have a genuine chef working in the kitchens, and so the food in the cafeteria was pretty much the most celestial food on the planet. Then we watched "The Queen" and "Amazing Grace" in our projector room. I highly recommend those movies to all.
Saturday was a fun day, as all Saturdays should be. I went to Portobello Road Market again (Sally and Laurie, you HAVE to come out here and go there) and I bought a really cute hat for 10 pounds. Not bad. Then we had the ball....which was more fun to get dressed up for that go to, but whatever. It was a lot of old people and old people's music and it took us two hours to get there when it should have taken one. Oh well. I looked good.
Sunday was Sunday. Nuff said.
Monday we had English class, then went to see Midsummer Night's Dream at the Globe Theater. It was SO GOOD! That was one play I had never gotten around to reading, and the play was awesome!
Tuesday I went to Westminster Abbey, which was probably the most amazing place ever. I saw the place where Charles Dickens, George Fredric Handel, and William Wilberforce were buried. I saw the tomb of Elizabeth I. I saw the throne that they use for coronations. I lit a candle of prayer with hundreds of others. I cried at the memorial to the unknown soldiers. I saw Poet's Corner, where nearly all of England's literary minds are honored or buried. It was truly amazing.
Wednesday....today. We went to Cambridge. It was fun! We went punting on the Cam, saw a really boring exhibit in honor of Milton's 400th birthday (that was a requirement, unfortunatly), and then went shopping around. It's a really cute town, and I got this way cool shirt!
We go to Ireland tomorrow night, so I am so excited! See you all when I get back!
Cheerio!

Ready for the ball! Yes, I know. I look awesome! Tee hee...




The Globe Theater. So cool...


Erin, this one is for you.



Westminster Abbey. No pictures inside, sorry guys.


The Mathematical Bridge at Cambridge. Rumor has it that the Cambridge students were so curious about how the original was made with only pegs and no bolts, that they took it apart to figure out, couldn't do it, and so had to put nuts and bolts in to put it back up.


The name of our punt. Family, laugh all you want. I thought of you.


Some of the girls and our punter, Ben.

The Bridge of Sighs.....and yes, I did sigh as we went under.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beck, It's so good to see all the pictures of where you are! They're so great, and you have such a fun engaging writing style. Love you!