Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Days 11, 12, 13, and 14

Well, not much has happened lately, folks! We've been going to class and adjusting to our new found freedom in the city. Saturday we went to St. Martin's-in-the-Field for a concert called Baroque by Candlelight, which was truly amazing. The achitecture and beauty of these churches all throughout London is unbelievable! I wish that we had more churches like these back home. Sunday we went to church, then napped (does it get any better?) and then we had a fireside on hope, in which I sang (Alto II---scary!) with 5 other girls "The Prayer of the Children", and then we had a speaker from one of the wards come--he was SO cool!
Anyway, Monday we had Brit Lit again. Professor Talbot is one of the most entertaining persons I have ever had a class from. His expressions and vocal inflections, and personality quirks in general keep us all rolling in the rows of seats. I truly want to bring a camcorder to class and post a movie on youtube for you all to witness. Any time he tells a story, I wish I had popcorn and candy to go along with it. But he is truly a wealth of knowledge, and it is an enlightening experience wherever we are. Today I wandered aimlessly throughout London, found St. Bride's Church--which is the church for publishers and journalists and writers, so I found my pilgrimmage appropriate--, sketched a statue at St. Paul's--which is amazing--, and then went to St. Mary Abbots, which is the church that I want to get married in. Yes, I know, I will get married in the temple, no doubts there, have no fear. BUT in England when you get married you HAVE to have a public ceremony. Like, the government requires it. So that is what I am going to do, and St. Mary Abbots is the place.
Tomorrow we leave for Scotland (at 4:15 AM!!!!) and we won't be back until Saturday, so there will be no updates until then. But have wonderful days ahead, cuz I sure will!
Cheerio, mates!


Part of the garden at Kensington Palace, which is just down the road from us.

St. Bride's Church--for writers. The top was the inspiration for the first tierd cake. True story.

St. Paul's Catherdral. So cool.


St. Mary Abbots. The most beautiful small church ever!

The aisle. I practiced.

Even the DOORS are amazing!

1 comment:

Cyd said...

Hi Becky! Beautiful pictures! I'm jealous. My parents are moving to NW Indiana near a town called Valporaiso. What's new with you these days??