Sunday, June 22, 2008

Jenny

When I woke up this morning and went to the kitchen for breakfast, I picked up the Sports section, and was a little startled to see my baby sister on the front page. Not too startled, mind, as she is the most famous athlete in Lafayette (a real privilege, that) and who else are they going to talk about this week? There was the beginning of a nice article about her and how the Olympic Trials are next week and how she's been training for years for this, etc, etc, etc. My mom sees my crazy grin, and says, "Wait til you look inside." I flip the page---and nothing. I looked up at her in confusion. She said, "Next page." So I shrugged and turned one more---and I screamed. Full page spread, color photos, Jenny Connolly Prepares For Olympic Trials. Captions under each pic, and on the other side there was the rest of the article about her. Then the listed "Other Olympic Hopefuls" that were in various other sports. But HOLY COW!!!! What a way to begin the Sabbath, eh? If you want to read the article/see the pics, go to www.jconline.com, and you can't miss it. But Jenny is amazing. She's not nervous; just really excited. She's seeded 7th right now, but we all know that Jenny is amazing on a taper, and she is so ready for this. Whether she makes the team or not, I'm already proud of her. We leave on Thursday for Omaha, and I am so excited!!!!
Here are some of the pics from the paper today:

She makes it look so easy, doesn't she?

I told her I was making this a poster, and she rolled her eyes at me.

I LOVE this one. Looks like something that should be in SI, huh?

No comments: