Tuesday, December 1, 2009

HAPPY DECEMBER!!!

I don't know when the tradition started, but every time it's a new month, in my family we wish each other a Happy Whatever month it is. If it was a really special month, sometimes we got goodies for it. But I like this tradition. It makes each new month seem like a celebration, which I think all new months should be. It makes us have another day where we can be happy that it is that day, if that makes sense.
December is the greatest month of all. No, really, it is. My birthday is in a week and Christmas is in three and a half. But the entire month of December is one of continual excitement and joy, regardless of whatever we are going through. The Christmas season is one of hope and peace. It really doesn't matter what we get anyone for Christmas or what we receive from anyone or what goodies we are given. What matters is focusing on what DOES matter: family, friends, religion. The things that bring us the most joy in life are not things at all.
Now I'm all for things, though. I love Christmas lights, Christmas cards, Christmas trees, Christmas music, Christmas wrapping paper, Christmas commercials... You could say that I'm a Christmas junkie. I get so excited about the whole thing. It's a special and magical time of year!
HAPPY DECEMBER, EVERYBODY!!! GET EXCITED!!! IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: