Wednesday, December 2, 2009

O Christmas Tree...

We got our tree last night. It was awesome! Granted, we went to Lowe's and picked out one there, but I LOVE the whole process of picking out the perfect tree for our Christmas. Dad and I have very strict regulations. We're practically Christmas Tree police. It has to be tall, very few, if any, bare spots, full the whole length of the tree, and fat. Yes, fat. Our tree this year is PERFECT.
For those of you who haven't guessed, yes, we still get real trees. Fraser Firs, to be exact. And I have no doubt that we will continue to get real trees until our dying days. I intend to have a real tree forever. They smell SOOOOOOO good and look so pretty. So what if there are pine needles on the floor? Get a vaccuum! So what if you have to water it all the time? IT'S WORTH IT. So worth it, in fact, that I never complain about it.
And I was so happy to get our tree that I actually hugged it. When it was all bound up and in our garage, I gave the tree a big hug. Hey, it's a living thing....sort of.... And when I got home from class last night, I totally planted my face in the tree and inhaled....
If you could get high off of Christmas trees, I might be in trouble.
Anyway, we're probably putting it up tonight, and it will be decorated shortly thereafter. Christmas is awesome, isn't it? I love the traditions of it. Even if I hate a few of the ornaments that have to go on the tree every year...

No comments: