Monday, September 22, 2008

Begging Time...

I am going to completely abandon every sense of pride I ever posessed and get down on my knees [figuratively, of course. I couldn't type here if I actually were kneeling] and BEG, PLEAD, and CAJOLE any of you with any connections into the world of publishing to give me a boost up into it. I've sent out at least 15 letters, still awaiting the response from three, and all have been rejections. This is ok, it happens to all authors. But I've just finished my SECOND novel, and my fingers are itching to get going on the third, and I don't even have any prospects for my FIRST! Granted, it is certainly possible for me to keep writing and then just pass this stuff out, but, call me greedy, I want to make a little bit of proft. And I want to avoid that copyrighting issue. What's to stop any of you sneaky twits from selling this as your own? I don't care about being a bestseller, I just want to share what I've got with people!
So please, friends, if you know anyone in the adult fiction publishing area, or knows someone who knows someone, or your dentist's neice's husband's brother's podiatrist's former in-laws work at a publishing house, let me know. If you need proof that I'm not just chasing a wild fantasy, I'll send you some stuff. It's gone over pretty well with everyone who has read it thusfar, and I'm very proud of it.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Thanks so much, and I promise to never shame myself this way again.

3 comments:

The James Family said...

Do you keep in contact with kathy Nimmer from HHS? She has been published a couple times...I'm sure she has great connections! I have her phone # if you'd like it. Don't give up!

beckster said...

Oooo, that would be good! My mom works at HHS, so I should totally ask her! my journey, what is your true identity? You may have saved me, you see, and I want to be able to thank you when I win a major award...

The James Family said...

Becky, sorry...this is Kerstin Neilson James. I added another blog to my account and now all my comments go under my other one. How annoying. Hope all works out for you!