Monday, June 15, 2009

IT'S OVER!!!!

I am now taking in a HUGE breath, and then letting it all out in an even BIGGER sigh of relief. This morning I was in Terre Haute, Indiana [not one of the world's most exotic places, but my hotel bed was heavenly] taking the National Certification Exam for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. No pressure or anything, I just had to pass this puppy in order to have my job. Failing would require either retaking, or finding yet another new career. I have been so nervous the past three days and freaking myself out about the whole thing.
Last night, before going to bed, I turned on the TV and watched the tail end of Rocky Balboa...that's a good movie, people. There was a line in there that I kept repeating to myself all morning: "It's not how hard you can hit, it's how hard you can get hit and get back up." Well, I'd been hit pretty hard over the past year or so, metaphorically speaking [don't want any of you thinking I suffer under abuse of any kind...], and so I just said, "Ok, Beck, get back up."
Well,......... I did.
Let me say that a little clearer:
I DID IT!
I PASSED!
I'M NATIONALLY CERTIFIED!!!
---------------
Didja get that, people? Yeah, I'm a little excited. More than a little relieved. It's been a long road, and it will probably continue to be long and more than a little slow at the beginning, but that's the way it goes.
AND the Penguins won the Stanley Cup. Seriously, awesome week.

Now I'll have time to get back to my true love.....WRITING!!!! Oh, I've missed it. And don't worry, I'll share little bits with you all. I know you've been anxious for it, too....
And if you haven't been, humor me.

1 comment:

Erin_C said...

yay!!!!!! congrats. tres exciting. and chris filled me in on your job news . . . so great. you're pretty much amazing.