Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Come November, Come

I don't usually get excited for that particular month this early in the year, though I do enjoy November for varying reasons. For one, the beginning is usually gloriously colorful out here in the Mid-west, and even in Utah, before it snowed all the time, the mountainside looked heavenly in its autumn rainbow shades. Secondly, it gets cold. Odd, I know, but I LOVE the cold. Siblings, stop laughing. I said cold, not freezing in snow with poorly insulated gloves. I love bundling up and snuggling with blankets and feeling that the tip of your nose is starting to tingle. Not freezing through to the very slight amount of bone there, for that joy belongs to January, which just might be a godforsaken month, but that slight nip. Thirdly, thanks to number 2, it is a perfect month for my hot chocolate addiction to rear its lovely head. Yes, this is a good thing. Fourthly, Thanksgiving. Lots of food, dessert, naps, and laughing. What else is there? Oh yeah, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. I watch it every year. I love it. And then that night we watch Scrooge, and suddenly it's Christmas time!!!
Yes, November is a glorious month normally.
But I want it here now.
Why, you ask?
Well I'll tell you.


[Shuddering sigh] This just made my day. And the trailer I saw on youtube yesterday made my day. And this also made my day:


But I may save this splendor for tomorrow, so it can make that day too.
Yes, I love Twilight. I do, I can't help it and I am not ashamed of it. I am not one of those crazy teens who dreams of marrying Edward Cullen [tho it does sound kinda fun], and I don't go to those crazy release parties [or if I do, it's RIGHT when it ends so I can get the book and go]. Why, to show my devotion to that final book, I got a concussion.
True story.
But I loved the first movie. Yes, it was different than the book, but guess what? Most movies are. They are a director's interpretation of that book, so deal with it. If you want to see the book, go get one. Besides, they had enough in it that it could still be called loyal and I adored the artistic vibe coming from it. How you could just feel the awkward moments because of camera shots and music or lack thereof. How you could see different points of view in brief moments with the same skill. LOVE. True artistry. And I think the actors are well chosen and fabulous.
So yes, I am DYING to see New Moon. So much emotional turmoil and heartbreak and loneliness and danger and undying love and torment....totally my kinda thing. I'll bring an entire box of Kleenex to go with my large popcorn, large drink, and candy on opening night.
And you know what? I'm ok with slight changes, should they be made. I'm ok with cheesy lines and funky camera shots and music. I'm ok with the vampires and the werewolves and the human girl who seems to annoy most everybody else [and sometimes she seems a little too like me, if you know what I mean].
Because it's a movie about a book that I love. It is not the book. It is the movie.
My name is Becky and I like Twilight.
A lot.
[You should really watch the trailer on youtube...NOW!]

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Love love love the series! Can't wait for the movie!