Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy December

Why does returning home from a vacation stink so much? Seriously, the day after vaca is automatically the worst day ever, unless it happens to be a birthday or a day off. But as it was neither for me, today was just plain icky. Not to mention that it tried to snow. Tried. No success. Plenty of frigid coldness and unless my workplace decides to actually heat the building and thereby free my poor fingers from their hypothermic coma, that will not change with the coming days. Plus I go back to school tomorrow, huzzah for boredom. I start clinic hours during my lunchbreak, which is bad as I very rarely let anything interfere with my lunch break, so I will probably not be in a good mood anyway, which makes for a bad massage. But hey! I'm not getting paid, so...
My bright spot: It is now Decemeber. Officially. It is now the month of my birthday and Christmas and Christmas vacation and Santa and Chicago Christmas and cinnamon rolls and presents and lights and carols and many many delicious levels of treats. When I am bored, mad, frustrated, grumpy, ticked, irritated, or just plain apathetic to anything else, I will remember that.
And this: "And there were in the same country, shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about him. And they were sore afraid, and the angel said unto them, "Fear not. For behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a savior, which is Christ the Lord.' And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of heavenly hosts praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth, peace, goodwill toward men." That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

No comments: