Monday, July 13, 2009

Hope and Inspiration

Well, today felt like a really long day, even though compared to a lot of people it probably wasn't. I had four massages, which isn't a lot at all, but when you're out of practice like I am, that many can be draining. I am starting to feel very overwhelmed and burdened down by all of the things I have yet to do and what is ahead of me, and all of those wonderful things that accompany entering the adult and business world. I have been depressed and discouraged and mostly unwilling to face what I have to. It's not been pretty or fun and I know I've been a wretch with my family, but I couldn't seem to find my way out of it.
But amidst my massages today, I caught sight of a show my sisters were sort of watching on TV. America's Got Talent.
Now, I had seen all the youtube videos on Paul Potts and Susan Boyle and that adorable six year old from awhile ago on Britain's Got Talent, but I can honestly say that I never cared about the talent America had. Must be the die-hard Brit that pretends to live within me. Yeah, America's got talent, but most of it's crap. And I never understood how Sharon Osbourne and David Hasselhoff were qualified to identify talent, but that's another deal.
But today, I got a breather from this show and what a message it was to me. Watch this video of Lawrence Beaman. He's a delivery guy.

Absolutely amazing. I had chills all over the place. I was literally transfixed, staring at the tv in the living room, hand to my heart, mouth gaping.
And I couldn't get it out of my mind. So, being the curious, must-know being that I am, I wanted to watch it again online. I went to the nbc website, watched it, then something ELSE caught my eye. Another story that I want to share with you all. It changed my attitude entirely.

I love what she says there: When you have hope, you keep going. I didn't have any, and that was the problem. Just because my life now isn't what I had planned doesn't mean that it's going to be awful. I can still do all those things that I've dreamed of doing. It just might take a little more time.
And that's ok...finally.
Thank heaven for moments of inspiration.

No comments: