Monday, April 13, 2009

My Trip to Utah

I'm procrastinating what has to be done at the moment, so I thought I would get caught up on my blog! See, I'm not really procrastinating, just switching projects.
I went to Utah for my spring break last week, which was MUCH needed. If I thought I deserved one during my time at BYU, then I deserved seven for what I deal with now. That's all I'm gonna say. Anyway, I left Thursday nite (ditched the last 2 hours of school....feeling ZERO guilt) and arrived very late, was picked up by my gal-pals, who felt it necessary to yell my name out of the car window so we could find each other. Ah, college roomies.



Lovely Orem Utah. It did not look like this while I was there, but it does sometimes.

Friday was a lazy day of no consequence. It was lovely. I helped Sarah with a project...(see picture.) I visited campus with Whit, which has not changed a bit, and dodged infernal snow flurries throughout the walk. I popped down to see my favorite football trainers, reminisced, and then went back to the apt, then went to the Borders and the Library sale, bought things, and ate food. (I did a lot of eating this trip...)

What Sarah did to me for her project.

Saturday was General Conference, which was GREAT and I am so excited about the addition of Elder Anderson to the Twelve. Saturday nite after the boys got back we had a party at a friend's palce in Lehi and played Guitar Hero. I have a confession: I live in morbid fear of embarrassing myself in front of people. Heretofore, I refrain from activities where I might do so until I am confident that I will not. So I didn't even try to play until most of the people were gone and only a few friends remained, and even then, I only sang vocals and only of songs I knew well enough. Sad, I know, but deal with it. =)

We had a lot of fun with that pointing stick. How many uses can you think of? Pretty sure we did that.

Sunday was Conference again, and again it was amazing. Went to Denny's at like 1:00 am (which is Monday, by the way) and met some very scary people, feared for my life, same ol' same ol'.
Monday I visited Mel and the kids (MISS THEM!!) and bonded with my little friends. They are growing up SO FAST! Then I had lunch with Alicia-bob. MISS HER! It was awesome. Saw one of Chris' friends while out with her, which was hilariously fun. Went out to another lunch with Miss Jordan Lund, soon to be the Mrs. Dane Rahlf, and her friend Wendy. It was great!

Me and Lorelei and Soren! Aren't they so cute? Thanks, Mel, for letting me play for a bit!

Tuesday was the crazy book day. I really ought to find other things to go crazy about. Books are expensive and heavy. Lucky I have self-control...Yes, I do! It's just not as strong as it should be! Everybody has fettishes, you guys. Mine just happens to be books.

Wednesday was insane. I had breakfast with Maria and Jenny (London pals, MISS THEM! Wish more of the gang could have come!), then had lunch with Cecily (miss her!) an hour later. Then I went back to the apt. and slept off my meals, then went out to Sonic Happy hour with my sister (so worth it), then back to her apt, where I basically did nothing but bug Lisa and Allison while watching TV and eating their food. Then Sarah had an intramural game, which was fun. Saw Britney while I was there (MISS HER!) and chatted up my books (what else?). Then I drove over and saw my uncle and aunt, and then I went back to the apt, went to get slurpies (then Wendy's) and stayed up late chatting with my girls.


The pointing stick got a ton of mileage during the trip. Poor Brian got the sharp end a lot.

Couldn't resist. I mean, really, could you?

Thursday was a very VERY long day of travelling and I think that I am finally recovered. But remind me to never carry on a duffel again. It's SOOOO not worth it. The bruise on my calf will testify to that. But all in all, the trip was so worth it and it made me realize what joys there were in college and it made me want to go back. But I can't. I live in Grown-Up world now. (I'm making a face...)
Still, it's nice to visit old times.

Ok, procrastinating is over. Back to work!

No comments: