Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What a life.

I realized today that I am, in fact, completely dissatisfied with my life right now. I am working a job for the sake of the paycheck [which isn't as large as I need it to be] which funnels directly into a fund for my tuition at a school that feels like a drudgery [even though I KNOW it is worthwhile and useful] and because of that, there isn't money for me to buy my family the fabulous Christmas presents on the expensive side of the college-student spectrum [which is sort of my trademark] that I would wish to. I feel like every day is the same as the one before. Ok, so nothing is the same exactly one day after the other since I have school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and work every other day, with the occasional Saturday, and then it is Sunday, but you know what I mean. My days have no excitement, nothing to look forward to except the end of what I am doing and my food breaks. And my beloved laptop Penelope is getting fixed and I have been without her for a week, so I can't even chat with my friends or hammer away at my novels that HAVE to get done because I just entered one into a NATIONAL contest and have TONS of work to do and the OTHER is undergoing MAJOR reconstruction and I don't have the time or tools to do either of them!!!!
But I was just reading part of President Monson's talk about finding joy in the journey, and I am going to try really hard to do that. So here are my four points of joy for today and I am going to do this for every bad day I have.
1. I saw a show with my parents on Friday, which we all loved, and it was a musical.
2. I am not studying for my ATC boards any more. Blessed day, indeed.
3. We're putting up Christmas stuff at the Rahlf house because we don't have time to do it after Thanksgiving. It's so festive, I just can't NOT smile.
4. Thanksgiving is next week and I get to have it at home for the first time in 4 YEARS! AND Chris and Erin and Jenny will be there. We'll miss you, Sarah!

So that's it then. Oh, and my birthday is coming [December 8]. HOORAY!!! Send money instead of presents...I need it more. =)

No comments: